Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Wax of the Week #3...AIDS Wolf: The Lovvers (2006)

I think I only listened to this once before filing it. What comes to mind was a more trebly, punky-prog Black Flag, but I could be totally off. But even if the music was awful I’d still file it, as this is the band of two of my favorite graphic artists out there, Chloe and Yannick of Seripop. They naturally put a beautiful, screen-printed package together, complete with inserts, poster, and the works. Their work has that killer, primitive energy in the best underground Gallic tradition, à la Le Dernier Cri. Seripop became well-known via their gig posters, but have since entered the fine art realm, producing large, ambitious installations of abstracted screen printed paper. If you have any old Seripop posters you don’t want anymore, please send them to me. In the meantime I’ll give this another spin.

No comments: